Carpet tiles (also known as carpet squares) are an interesting twist on traditional carpet flooring. Unlike wall-to-wall carpeting, carpet tiles are square pieces of carpet that fit together to create a solid flooring surface. Carpet tiles are available in a range of fun colors and interesting patterns that, when carefully positioned, create a unique design suited to your individual style. Keep reading to learn more from the experts as Floor Coverings International of Cape Cod!
Benefits of Carpet Tile
- Carpet tiles allow you to create dynamic looks that make rooms feel bigger and brighter.
- The modular design of carpet tiles provide flexibility when carpeting rooms with awkward shapes.
- Carpet tiles are easier to transport than large carpet rolls. This can help reduce installation times, particularly for large commercial projects.
Using Carpet Tile
- The standard size is 18-inch by 18-inch squares, but other sizes are available. Carpet tiles can be installed in your home or office to create a great, and durable, look. Office entryways, entire rooms, retail locations, basements, playrooms — the possibilities are endless.
- The backing of carpet tiles make them a very durable flooring choice that are perfect for high-traffic areas. In addition, if damage or wear does occur in the carpet, the damaged tile can easily be removed and replaced.
- During installation, you need to ensure that seams between tiles are handled very carefully to get the perfect seamless look.
Carpet tiles offer a different kind of look than wall-to-wall carpeting and with experienced installation, your carpet tiles will give you durability and enjoyment for years to come. Contact the experts at Floor Coverings International of Cape Cod to schedule a free design consultation to discuss your carpet tile ideas. We proudly serve the Cape Cod, Plymouth, Barnstable, Falmouth areas!